Packed with protein and antioxidants, this parfait is perfect for breakfast or a mid day energy boost.
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1 pinch of saffron
1 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp honey
- Crush saffron into powder for with a mortar and pestle then muddle saffron into warm water until dissolved.
- Mix saffron water into yogurt.
- Layer yogurt, nuts and fruit into a mason jar or bowl.
- Drizzle honey on top.
Summer time means picnics in the park or even the backyard. These tasty little cakes are sure to please both kids and grown ups.
Get creative with dipping sauce…pictured here is a Thai peanut sauce. Ranch, applesauce, avocado or bean dip would be delicious ideas!
Makes about 20
1. Grate 2 medium zucchinis. Squeeze out as much water as you can using your hands or a tea towel. The more liquid removed the better the fritter will hold.
2. Mix in 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, 2 eggs, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1 tsp garlic powder. A few shakes of pepper and a pinch of salt. Add a handful of shredded Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
3. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and form mixture into little flat circles. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
4. Enjoy warm or cold with your favorite dipping sauce!
This recipe takes a whole 10 minutes to make and makes for a great snack or dessert. Kids can easily help with this recipe too.
If your local supermarket doesn’t have plantains, use bananas instead. Use one banana per person. Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel!
1. Cut bananas into quarters (4 even pieces).
2. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to small pan & fry until golden brown.
3. Place bananas on paper towel to absorb oil.
4. Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar & a pinch ground nutmeg.
5. Serve warm & enjoy!