Packed with protein and antioxidants, this parfait is perfect for breakfast or a mid day energy boost.
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup shelled pistachios
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1 pinch of saffron
1 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp honey
- Crush saffron into powder for with a mortar and pestle then muddle saffron into warm water until dissolved.
- Mix saffron water into yogurt.
- Layer yogurt, nuts and fruit into a mason jar or bowl.
- Drizzle honey on top.
This recipe takes a whole 10 minutes to make and makes for a great snack or dessert. Kids can easily help with this recipe too.
If your local supermarket doesn’t have plantains, use bananas instead. Use one banana per person. Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel!
1. Cut bananas into quarters (4 even pieces).
2. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to small pan & fry until golden brown.
3. Place bananas on paper towel to absorb oil.
4. Sprinkle lightly with brown sugar & a pinch ground nutmeg.
5. Serve warm & enjoy!